Thursday, August 8, 2013

Book Talk Thursday: Matilda

So I thought I would join another Linky. Today I am linking up with Reading Toward the Stars to share a book that I have been reading.



I actually just finished Matilda (not for the first time!) by Roald Dahl. This book was a favorite of mine as a kid, and I loved it just as much this time around. As a soon-to-be 3rd grade teacher, I definitely want to sneak this one into the curriculum. I have just always loved the way that Dahl empowers kids to read and value their minds.



I've also found some great resources for the book, which I plan to use.
I was especially grateful for the questions and discussion topics available here and here.


Incidentally, I also LOVE the movie version, and I've been dying to get to the Broadway show.
The movie can be used to draw comparisons in the classroom.

Enjoy!

post signature

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for linking up this week! I read Matilda to my son this past year, and he loved it! It is such a fun book to read and enjoy!

    Andrea
    Reading Toward the Stars

    ReplyDelete