Yay! Monday's topic is "Meet the Teacher." So I will be sharing a little bit about myself.
1. My name is Cara Heusel, and I am 22 years old (fresh outta college).
2. I am the oldest of four children (and the only girl!)
3. I am a first year teacher this year! I will be teaching third grade as replacement for a woman who just had a baby. I'm hoping this will lead to something more permanent down the line, because I LOVE the school. It's where I did my student teaching. I am super passionate about teaching and thrilled to be getting started. I have been planning and creating all summer :)
4. I looove to read, and I'm a slight Harry Potter nut :)
5. I adore children's books, and I secretly wish my classroom could look like "Shop Around the Corner" from You've Got Mail.
6. My mom is a photographer, which has given me some great experience with Photoshop. I've created my own materials for the classroom!
This is me and my youngest brother, when I can home
from college for the first time, taken by my mom of course.
7. I drink way more soda than is healthy. Cherry Coke is my drug.
8. My favorite shows include: Modern Family, Suits, Newsroom, & Downton Abbey.
I highly recommend each of these!
9. If I wasn't going to be a teacher I would either be a: children's librarian, book shop owner, florist, or baker.
10. I am Pinterest obsessed. I now have over 2,000 followers!
11. I need sleep. And food. I am not a pleasant person when tired and/or hungry.
12. I've never had a blog before. I know it is probably a bad idea to try to start one my first year of teaching, but I figured - why not?